Friday, June 14, 2013

Bird Song Resort,TN- November 2012


 If you are looking for a twist on camping, this RV/Tent/Marina is it. Birdsong Resort is built on Kentucky Lake centrally located on the Tennessee River, the largest man made lake in the USA. That is pretty neat, but the big deal here is the farm fresh water pearls, the only place in North America that does so.  They give tours of the farm which cost, but there are a couple levels of tours with varying cost, so you can pick the one that suits you. We did not take the boat out on the water to see the pearl farm, but out tent site was so close we had a nice view of the operation. Of course you can buy pearls too at the tourist trap, which we did.
  Our camp site was a wide open area with enough trees that provided great shade. The shower was not all that great but it was good enough to wash off the trail dust. A water facet was near by so we could haul water to the camp. The best thing was we were the only one's there, so it was nice and quiet.
  There is parking for RV's, which provide all the requirements one needs. However, the entire resort is a bit overcrowded.  There are so many permanent summer homes /trailers at the resort one gets the feeling that in the summer time this place would be supper busy.  There is a club house with a pool that is open to everyone.
  Would I drive my RV there? I don't think so, I seem to recall the roads where a bit cramped and what I saw of the RV park/campgrounds that seemed pretty tight as well.  But if you are looking for something different this might be the place.
  If I was going to visit again, I would park my RV at Nathan Bedford Forest State Park, then drive on over to Birdsong just to check out the pearl farm.  The state park has better accommodations in my book.
  Lost all my pictures of Birdsong when I bought my new computer sorry, nothing to share on that front. But you can do a web search for Birdsong and all kinds of stuff comes up.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment